As of February 8, 2024, the federal government is no longer accepting new ACP enrollments.
Glo Fiber's Statement of Commitment
The federal subsidy known as the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) may potentially end by April 2024. Regardless of the outcome of the federal subsidy provision, Glo Fiber is committed to serving you. We understand that internet connectivity is important and we want to keep you connected. We have multiple service options available to best meet your needs. We strive to provide exceptional service and value to all our customers.
The ACP offers qualifying households up to $30 per month (or up to $75 per month for residents of Tribal Lands) toward recurring charges for eligible Internet services. Taxes and other fees are not eligible for the discount. Households are eligible to participate in the ACP if they meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Annual gross household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- A member of the household participages in one of the following federal assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Genefit, or
- Tribal Programs such as Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance, Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Headstart (meeting income qualifying standard) for residents of Tribal Lands;
On December 31, 2021, the EBB Program was replaced with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Households that were enrolled in the EBB Program as of 6pm Eastern on December 30, 2021 will began a 60-day transition to the new program that ends on March 1, 2022. During the 60-day transition period, EBB Program households will continue to receive up to $50 per month (or up to $75 per month for residents of Tribal Lands) benefit and may switch their service offerings at any time. Households subject to the 60-day transition will receive additional information if they need to take steps to retain their ACP benefit after the 60-day transition period.
In order to receive the ACP benefit through Glo Fiber, households can follow the 4 easy steps below:
- If you're not already qualified, please visit getinternet.gov/apply/ and follow the instructions provided by the National Verifier to complete an application.
- Once you are approved, please call 1-833-WANT-GLO to order service and mention the ACP.
- We'll send you a link to Glo Fiber's ACP enrollment form to complete. You'll need to complete our enrollment form using the same information you used to get approved by the National Verifier.
- Once we receive your enrollment form submission and confirm your eligibility to receive ACP benefits, we will apply your ACP benefits to your account. The discount may take up to 90 days to appear on your account/billing statement.
In order to provide this government benefit to you, Glo Fiber will need to send some of your personal information to a third party Administrator, in order to identify you and verify your eligibility. This information will include:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- The telephone number associated with your account that receives the ACP discount,
- The date you started to receive the ACP discount, the date the discount ended if it has ended, and the amount of the discount, and
- The means through which you qualified for the ACP benefit.
This information must be transmitted to the Administrator to ensure proper administration of the Affordable Connectivity Program, and failure to consent to sharing this information will result in a denial of the discount. You will be sent a link to Glo Fiber's eligibility consent form to confirm that you have been made aware of the terms and restrictions for the discount. Complete the form, with contact information to begin receiving the discount.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The ACP is a government program that reduces your monthly Internet bill.
How much is the discount?
The discount is up to $30.00 per month applied against your monthly recurring charges for eligible Internet services. Taxes and other fees are not eligible for the discount.
Can households receive the ACP benefit on more than one account?
No, a household can only receive one ACP discount at a time. A household is a group of people who live together and share income and expenses (even if they are not related to each other).
How long will the discount last?
The discount is temporary in nature. Once the government ends the Affordable Connectivity Program, you will be charged Glo Fiber’s normal undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions if you continue to receive service from Glo Fiber. The duration of this discount program is entirely up to the Government agency responsible and Glo Fiber has no say in the matter.
Can I transfer this benefit to another provider?
Yes. If you are eligible for and receive the ACP Benefit, you may obtain broadband service from any participating provider at any time.